I would use the word Food Habits, rather than the word Diet.
The following Food Habits will work best.
What to Eat
- Eliminate Fast Food, Junk Food and Sodas of ALL KINDS
- Reduce Intake of Simple Carbohydrates (White Rice, White Bread, Flour…)
- Get your Carbohydrate Requirements from Complex Carbohydrates (such as Oats)
- Ensure you have a Good Amount of Protein with ALL YOUR MEALS
- Dietary Fat is good…it will NOT make you Fat. Avoid the Trans Fat variety though.
When to Eat (and When NOT to Eat)
- Do NOT SKIP BREAKFAST
- Do NOT SKIP ANY MEALS
- Include a Good Amount of Quality Protein with your BREAKFAST (Reiterating from above)
- Include a Good Amount of Quality Protein with ALL YOUR MEALS
- Have a 4–5 hour Gap Between Meals …. DO NOT SNACK ON ANYTHING BETWEEN MEALS
- Eat your Dinner Early (say by 6.00 to 7.00 pm)
- DO NOT SNACK ON ANYTHING AFTER DINNER, BEFORE YOUR BREAKFAST the next day.
- Did I say…DO NOT SKIP BREAKFAST
Other than Food/Nutrition, make sure you have an Active Lifestyle. This includes your Day-to-Day Activities as well as Working Out.
And, do NOT let Stress get to you.
With all the above, you should lose weight, fairly quickly.
Hope this helps!