Assuming you do not suffer from dysfunctions such as Thyroid and such, here are some of the reasons for Excess Fat to accumulate in your Belly (and hip/thigh) areas.
1) Sedentary kind of Work and Lifestyle
2) Losing a lot of Muscle Mass
3) Reduced Metabolism
4) UnHealthy Eating Habits
The Sedentary Work and Life Style leads to a lot of issues, such as loss of muscle mass, which in turn also contributes to your body’s reduced Metabolism. Which in turn means more Fat Storage.
Unhealthy Eating Habits and Unhealthy Fat Gain around Belly Areas, also contribute to many issues…such as Leptin Resistance, Insulin Resistance and eventually to diseases such as Diabetes.
The above is a VERY SCRUNCHED version of what happens.
One VERY IMPORTANT point to Understand and Remember is that you CANNOT OUT EXERCISE A BAD DIET. So, Nutritional Intervention is the first thing you need to look at.
Assuming you are not Diabetic and on Medication (and as mentioned above, do not suffer from Thyroid dysfunction etc)…the following steps will RAPIDLY and VERY SAFELY reduce Belly Fat.
What to (and What NOT to) Eat:
1) Reduce your Intake of Simple Carbohydrates (White Rice, White Break, Flours…)
2) Increase intake of Complex Carbohydrates (such as Oats), Proteins & Fat (All FATS are good, EXCEPT TRANS FAT)
3) Keep up your Fiber Intake every day
When to (and When NOT to) Eat:
1) Do NOT SKIP MEALS
2) Do NOT SKIP BREAKFAST (Reiterating here)
3) Eat a Good Amount of Quality Protein with EVERY MEAL
4) Make sure to eat a Good Amount of Quality Protein with your Breakfast (Reiterating)
5) Leave a gap of 4-5 hours between meals.
6) DO NOT SNACK BETWEEN MEALS (Do NOT SNACK ON ANYTHING between MEALS)
7) Eat your Dinner as Early as Possible (by around 6p to 7p…leave a gap of at-least 5 hours before going to bed)
8) DO NOT SNACK ON ANYTHING AFTER DINNER (No Peanuts, No Coffee, No Apple…NOTHING)
9) Leave a gap of 12-14 hours before Breakfast the next day. This, combined with #8 above is VERY IMPORTANT.
SOME MORE IMPORTANT POINTERS:
1) Control your Portion Sizes (How much you eat…)
2) Chew your Food and Eat Slowly
3) Hunger should be the ONLY REASON to eat (still, follow the protocols, as discussed above)
4) WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT GET INTO STARVATION MODE BY DEPRIVING YOURSELF OF ENOUGH QUANTITIES OF FOOD. THIS WILL THEN TURN COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.
Following ALL the above, will lead to a RAPID and VERY HEALTHY weight loss.
Following a very Active and Stress Free Lifestyle (also Working Out regularly) will cause your Metabolism to Increase (in addition to making you generally, more healthy), which will lead to more Calories Burnt rather than Stored as Excess Body Fat.